Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wow! What a weekend!

On Friday evening, I picked up PJ’s girls and we headed home to do our chores and finish cleaning up the house. I was aiming for a 9pm bedtime, but 10pm had to suffice. Joe got home from work sometime after I went to sleep.

Saturday morning, 515am, the alarm went off. I had to get up and showered and out of the way so PJ could do the same. I was out the door before 7am (with two girls in tow) to get the donuts and coffee. Ouch! That’s early on a Saturday!

The roofing work pretty much proceeded according to plan. There was a little bit more rot than we anticipated, therefore, some of the work was a little more intensive, however, the roofers did a great job and we were all done with the shingling by about 300pm (I think). That was the part that surprised me most!

Sam and I had picked up lunch for all the helpers and cheerleaders. We had a 6’ sub from Subway. It was delicious and it fed everyone (about 20 people)!


After all the roofing was done and the major clean-up completed, we settled down to grill some burgers and dogs. It was an exhausting day! We still need to have new soffit installed and the gutters done and then we’re done with this project completely.

Sunday, we slept in until nearly 11am! That’s late even for PJ. Clearly, we were pooped. After we were up and dressed, PJ’s roofer friend, Tom, came by to check on the flashing around the chimney and then we headed to my dad’s for his birthday BBQ. Rob, Dawn, Heidi, Kurt, Julie (Dawn’s sister), PJ, me, all the kids (except Joe who was at work), Ben, Will, Kelly and Gram were there to celebrate with my dad. We had a good time and more good food. (Those cookies were to die for!).

Around 9pm we had to head home and get the kids (and us!) to bed. Unfortunately, I saw 11-something on the clock before I got to sleep.

Thank goodness for 3-day weekends. We got moving Monday morning and finished cleaning up the yard, tools and roofing stuff. The kids worked on various projects (chores, homework, whatever) and then Dad, Gram and Heidi stopped by to have lunch. Dad also cleaned my carpet. It looks great! We gave Gram the grand tour and then before long, they left.

In the afternoon, we signed up for a pool membership, ran a few errands and then dropped Joe off at work. We finished up a few things at home before taking the kids home and then running a couple more errands. All-in-all, it was a productive weekend, but I’m so glad it’s over.

This week, Discovery Park meeting tonight, game on Wednesday (and the kids want to go to the pool), I have dinner plans with Jen on Thursday and I’m heading to my friend, Julie’s on Friday. And don’t even get me started with all the plans for Saturday. I need another 3-day weekend soon!

No comments: