Friday, January 04, 2008

Where did December go?

Since I don't have time for a full update yet, here's a little bit about the last couple of weeks. I promise you that soon you'll hear all about Stanzas, fires and a few other things.

On 12/22, we celebrated Christmas with the kids. We had breakfast casseroles for dinner (lukewarmly received) and then opened gifts. We sent each of the kids on a scavenger hunt for their final gift. It was fun!

On 12/23, we celebrated Christmas with my mom, Bo, my sibs and their families and some of Bo's family. Delicious food and fun gifts! We celebrated mine and Nickel's birthdays too.

On 12/24, I worked a half day and PJ was off. He ran some errands and whatnot. I don't remember what Ethan did...oh I think he went to see I Am Legend. That evening, Ethan and I went to church and then we just hung out.

On 12/25 (Christmas day, for those of you following along at home), we went to Yasha and Kirk's for brunch at 11am. Then we left to pick up PJ's girls by 2pm. Then we headed to Pat & Judy's house for a Christmas celebration with PJ's family (all the sibs and whatnot). Good times, good food. We also had birthday cake. When we got home, the three kids who haven't yet gone off for college found out that they were also getting new computer desks (pics coming soon). They assembled them right away.

On 12/26 (hey! that's my birthday!), we went out to visit my dad, stepmom and her boys. Jordan had already left for work, so we missed him. Heidi and Kurt had already left too. Rob, Dawn and Nickel were there though. We ate, opened gifts, had birthday cake (again, 3rd time!), birthday gifts and played some CatchPhrase. Finally we left to get a few more things done at home. The girls went home that evening.

On 12/27, PJ and I must have done something...I can't remember what. Ethan hung out with a friend most of the day.

Early on 12/28, Ethan flew out to CA with his dad for a visit with family out there. He'll be back on 1/5...he's having a blast. PJ worked on 12/28 at the bar too. I played his new xBox 360. LOL

On 12/29, we went out to dinner with Joe and some friends and then was out way too late. Except for being tired, I was fine the next day (the benefits of being DD).

On 12/30, we went to watch the game at Andy & Lyndsey's house. The Skins won, which made everyone there very happy (and I don't care).

On 12/31, we hosted a dinner party where we played CatchPhrase AGAIN! Fun though.

1/1 was spent recuperating and cleaning up. I was very tired, but otherwise no major issues.

1/2, unfortunately, saw us both back to work. LOL

Our Christmas decorations are 98% removed and put away. The house is almost back to normal...tonight I'll hopefully finish that up.

1 comment:

kgiff said...

Happy belated birthday!!!