Monday, January 21, 2008

Sam Drove!

You know, this is my 154th post. I feel like I hit the 150th post like 4 weeks ago and I should be much farther along than 154 by now, but I digress...

Anyway, I was writing to tell you all about my weekend. Friday night, I left work just a few minutes early. PJ and I went to the dealership where we picked up his truck (that was in for transmission work). I took his truck and he went to work at the bar (taking my car). I went home to Petsmart to pick up some dogfood (being lazy about the homemade diet right now) and then I ran to Kohl's where I scored a fabulous deal on a comforter set.

After that, I picked up the girls and we went home. Ethan was staying at his dad's house since his uncle was coming into town and I don't know why else, but it was fine. The girls and I headed home where we did our chores and ate dinner (ooo...lean pockets and stuff) and then they watched some TV while I watched TV in my room. I also did more chores (during commercials, of course).

Saturday morning, PJ and Sam went to breakfast. Ethan came home and then we all went to help Susan move (that's Seth's girlfriend). Jacob, Kim, and Tony were also there and we knocked out the moving in about 30 minutes. Amazing. Granted, it IS a one-bedroom apartment, but with all those helpers and well-packed storage pods, it went quickly. We had pizza and then cut out of there to do our next set of errands.

PJ stayed home while I took the girls and Ethan to run errands. Found a new jacket for Megan, exchanged a shirt for Samantha and found a new coffee pot (our carafe broke and we haven't been able to find a replacement carafe). Once we were home, I finished chores and PJ continued his work around the house. I took Sam driving before I started dinner. :O

Sam and I drove around a nearby shopping center. It has "regular roads" and parking lot roads in it. So we practiced parking and turning and using blinkers and backing up and then...dum, dum, dum...I let her drive home. She had to drive on a road with a DOUBLE YELLOW LINE for about 2 blocks. LOL. And then she was in our neighborhood. She even parked the truck in the driveway (which is a big deal since both other cars were in the driveway too). It was only a little scary, but she did a great job! She went to tell PJ about her experience and I started dinner. Joe came over for dinner and then left to go back to school (and he made it safely!). The rest of the us watched Supersize Me. If you're one of the 12 people who haven't seen it yet. Rent it. Watch it. Learn.

We made it an early night on Saturday since we had to get up at the butt crack of dawn on Sunday. We drove to PA to go snow tubing for Aaron's 15th birthday. Most of PJ's family made it. I stayed in the lodge and read, which was good because I think it was like 15 degrees outside and I stongly dislike the cold. Brrr! Everyone had fun though and then we went to Tina's house where we had yummy food and fun conversations.

We left last night around 6pm to get home and I think it was around 730 when we finally got into the house and unloaded all our stuff. Ethan went to his dad's since there was no school today for MLK, Jr day and I tried to get to bed early (HA!). It's bitterly cold again today. I'm looking forward to a spring thaw. Snow tubing pictures to follow soon. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting that Sam got to drive. Yay Sam!

I'm waiting for things to thaw out too. Brrr!

Two Shorten the Road said...

Sounds like a fun tubing trip -- especially the part where you hung out in the lodge. :)