Sunday, November 25, 2007

How long until Christmas???

It's only 29 days until Christmas! Woohoo! So, I know that in my last post I said I'd be back before Thanksgiving...well, I lied. I didn't mean to, but life got in the way of blogging. HA!

Anyway, Wednesday, I worked from home. Ethan had friends over for a while hanging out. Overheard this conversation:

J: S, don't you need to go to the bathroom?
S: Um, no.
J: Yes, you do.
E: He's trying to tell you to leave for a minute.
J&E proceed to discuss S. S is a girl. :P

Ah, I love listening to preteens. The girls came over in the evening and we hung out. Watched Sleeping Beauty . I watched The Last Unicorn on Monday...I feel like I'm reliving my childhood. heheheehehehehe. Joe is back in town from school.

Then on Thursday (that would be Thanksgiving!), I made some YUMMY Corn Pudding and the kids went over to Grandma's while PJ and I got ready. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade too. Good times. We ate at 1pm so the girls could go back to their mom's. We celebrated Mary's birthday too, though it's really Tuesday. After the girls went home, PJ and I hung out at his mom's for a while catching up with everyone; Ethan walked home. Once we were all home, we putzed around and watched some TV and whatnot. I played Mastermind with Ethan. Heidi & Kurt celebrated their 5 year anniversary today!

Friday, PJ and I went up to visit Trisha and Dave and to see their new house. Ethan was supposed to go with us, but he hung out with a friend. After we got the tour of their new house, the four of us went to meet Tammy and Tim (that wedding we went to in FL) for lunch and the six of us had a good lunch with marginal service at Longhorn. That night, PJ went to work at the bar and I was going to get the girls. Joe brought them over instead, so I just got a few things done. Joe didn't end up staying and Ethan stayed at a friend's house, so the girls and I just had leftovers for dinner (or whatever they wanted) and after cleaning the bathrooms, I settled down in front of the TV to watch my latest celebrity crush (Alex...the guy in front).

Saturday, we got up and PJ went to help Natalie with some cabinetry stuff. I can't remember what I did, but I think it was laundry. The girls finally got up and then once everyone was home, showered and whatnot, we went to pick out our Christmas tree. This year we cut ours down at a tree farm. That was a first for us as a family (actually, I think it was a first for the kids, period). We're definitely doing it again because the tree is sooooo much better than any of the other cut ones. It's hardly lost any needles. Anyway, here are the pictures of our day (picking it, cutting it, and then decorating it). We also swung by to see Leslie who is in town and then went to pick up Megan, who was visiting with a friend for a few hours.

Sunday, Joe and PJ went to breakfast. My dad stopped by to drop off his compressor. He's upgraded his. PJ is excited (ooo...tools & toys!). Then we did yardwork...we had a million leaves to clean up. Thank goodness for yard vacs (thanks Dad!) and riding lawnmowers (thanks again, Dad!). The job was a bit quicker and the kids could help. Ethan was at his dad's, so he missed out on all the yardwork fun. :P The yard looks great though!

Megan and I hit the grocery store and Big Lots (for the SECOND time this weekend). We had a few miscellaneous things to do around the house and then we baked some Christmas goodies. Our holiday party is in two weeks (12/8, for those of you attending and you're all invited) and we need to get our act together! Must get working on those Christmas cards. Our tickets for The Nutcracker arrived! I can't wait!

Okay, later - Ethan needs to get ready for school tomorrow and he's way too distracted juggling clementines.

No comments: