Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday Night Lights

So, tonight is the last football game for Samantha's high school. Let's just say that I'm not too excited about this. It's our weekend, so I'll have all the kids. And generally, if there's football, that means that we attend the game. So far this year, I've lucked out...one game was rained out and one game we organized a ride for her since she had a competition early the next morning. It's not that I don't want to support her in her extra curricular activities or with color guard, but let's be honest, I'd much prefer if I was supporting the kids (any of them) with an INSIDE activity.

I'm not a huge football fan. I'm not a huge sports fan. I can support the home team (it's hard when Sam's school plays Ethan's future school since they are then on opposing sides of the field!).

I don't like the cold. At all. Ever. The only good thing about the cold is that I can have a fire in our fantastic wood burning stove. And that means I can use some of this. Anyway, so there is a chance it will rain this evening. And if it rains, I already warned her that I'm not going. Ethan, Megan and I will just hang out at home and go pick Sam up at the appointed time. It's sprinking now, which makes me concerned it won't still be sprinkling tonight. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it to rain. HA HA!

So, there's my conundrum...how to support your kids' interests when you 1) don't share the interest and 2) hate the cold. *sigh* oh well.

In other news, we've got a busy weekend. Cleaning up on Saturday and a Chili Cook-off/Football party (there's that sport again!) on Sunday.

No comments: