Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Great Christmas Card Race

So, I was up until MIDNIGHT last night finishing up our Christmas cards! Ninety-five percent of them went out with today's mail. Wait, maybe more like 90% - seeing as there were just under 100 cards! Sheesh! I always rush to get them out by the first of the month because 1) I already have a lot to do and 2) we have to get the potluck invitations out. And don't you know that we had already RECEIVED one Christmas card by the time I got ours done?? **Waving hello to Kevin, Becca & Aidan** They were our first card, arriving the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Wow!

In other news, PJ and I made the executive decision to celebrate Christmas with the kids a few days early...12/22 to be exact. Typically, we pick up all the kids from their other parent's house at about 2pm on Christmas day. After that, we head to PJ's Mom's to open gifts and eat and then we head home between 6 and 7 pm. Well, that's an awfully long time to wait to share Christmas with our kids and let me just tell you how cranky they are by that time. OHMIGOSH...Christmas present time should be fun! And it's not fun. So, after looking at the calendar and brainstorming, we've decided to go ahead and do it early. We'll be at my Mom's on the 23rd and at my Dad's on the 26th. On the 24th we typically have no kids (except this year as Ethan's Dad will be out of town). Anyway, when I shared the news with Megan, she was very excited. "I get tired of opening all those gifts on Christmas anyway." LOL

No comments: