Monday, June 19, 2006

Crazy Weekend #653

It was another busy weekend, but what else is new? Here’s the rundown.

Friday night…just prepping the bathrooms for the painter, sorted laundry (put last week’s away. Yes, I’m slow), and then just piddled around the house, doing little things here and there.

Saturday morning, I got up and drove with a DP committee members to Harrisburg, PA to help Possibility Place. We left at about 8am and arrived about 1030am. We left around 230pm (well, some in the group stayed longer, but my car had to leave). It was very educational to see all they had done and to learn from their experiences. They had a lot to share. I think one of their Team Captains may even come and work at our build in October! Here are some pictures, courtesy of our in-house photographer (and volunteer), Peter Klosky.

Saturday, while I was gone, PJ did a few things around the house and the painter came. PJ then went to help a buddy of his with some electrical work and the painter was able to get most of the work done. He’s coming back next Saturday to finish. I’ll post pictures when it’s done.

Sunday, we had PJ’s kids for Father’s Day and we had a nice breakfast at Chez Missy’s and then we did a few things around the house. Then we ran Joe up to work, picked up a bit more paint, picked up some feeder mice and then grabbed lunch from Five Guys. Yeah, I’m not sure what all the hype is around them. They were just so-so in my opinion. Anyway, we ran home to feed the snake and switch cars. Brent wanted to borrow the truck. We had our hamburgers at home and then ran to Kohl’s. The girls went home at 6pm.

PJ and I then attended a graduation party for Nazli, Mo’s daughter. It was lots of fun and as they are Indian, we were treated to some traditional Indian music with some Western music thrown in. I was bummed to leave because we didn’t get to see Mo’s son act as DJ, but it was already 11pm and we both knew that 530am was going to come awfully early. Congrats Nazli!! And enjoy JMU!

Samantha’s birthday is coming up and for some reason has the notion that she needs a hamster. And then Megan thought she needed one too. I’m not sure what put that thought into their minds, but I had to put my foot down. No more animals at this time.

Only about two weeks until we go on vacation! Woohoo!

Yard Sale this coming Saturday, June 24.

2 comments:

kgiff said...

Do we get to see bathroom pics?

How is Sam's knee?

Missy said...

Sam's knee...still in physical therapy. Another four weeks. Not sure what she'll do on vacation though!