Tuesday, June 27, 2006

All caught up???

Okay, so, I’m catching up…here are some updates.

Ethan made the all-star team for his division in baseball. That’s cool and he’s happy. We found out on Friday, I think. The game is at 10am on July 4. Ten am??? Whose idea was that? Well, I hope it’s nice weather, given that it’s been raining for like 5 days straight and I feel like maybe we should have invested in an ark instead of just a new roof. LOL

Friday night, I picked up the kids and we went to the pool. We had pizza for dinner and then did our chores. Saturday morning, we had a Yard Sale. I had been hoping it wouldn’t rain…and it didn’t, but I think it must have been 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity! OHMIGOSH it was hot and sticky! Tina, Aaron and Elana came to sell with us too. It was nice to hang out and catch up, though a breeze would have made it even nicer. Sam had also decided on a lemonade stand and Megan eventually went off with a friend. Ultimately, Ethan did very well, making about $18. I have to say it wasn’t exactly profitable for me, but everything is gone! That was the most important part!

PJ worked on his truck for a little bit on Saturday (something for the stereo). In the process, he damaged the battery a little. It appeared to be fine, however, and we went about our business of making fondue for dinner. The kids helped and had a lot of fun and now we will seriously consider getting our own fondue pot. It was a lot of work though. We’ll have to think of ways to streamline the process. For instance, melting the chocolate with the marshmallows (for dessert, of course) took FOREVER on the makeshift double-boiler. Hmmm…there must be an easier way.

Sunday morning, PJ took Sam to breakfast. They were at Bob Evans and I got a call around 9:45. PJ’s battery was dead. Yeah, that little damage he had done on Saturday was a much bigger deal than we realized. Well, I hopped in my car and headed over to BE to get him. And on the way I told him to call Geico to find out about towing (which I know is included in our policy). And he did and they came to jump him and he made it home. But this significantly changed our plans for Sunday. LOL.

Ultimately, we hit up Merchant’s Tire who was able to switch out the battery for $100 and fifteen minutes of PJ’s time. We also got all our chores done, except for Joe who worked. PJ and Joe discussed college stuff for a bit and it rained ALL day Sunday. Here are some pictures of PJ and the kids playing in the rain!

Finally, here are the pictures for our bathrooms. I tried for before, during and after, but I’m sure they are lacking to an extent. Master, Downstairs Hall, Upstairs Hall

Discovery Park meeting last night...we’ll be at Safeway in Sterling Park Shopping Plaza on Saturday, July 1, if you want to come by and sign up!

Today, we had our vents cleaned by Virginia’s E-Z Finest. Or something. Name was a bit sketchy, but it appears they did a good job. The dryer vent apparently had a blockage and they solved that problem too.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. Report cards came out! Ethan, as you all know already, was on Honor Roll (that means only A’s & B’s in Loudoun County). Megan had only one C, but we are pretty sure she can do better if she focuses a little more. The rest were A’s and B’s. Joe had A’s, B’s, and C’s - a marked improvement over all his report cards since I think 5th grade. Samantha (notice full name), on the other hand, was definitely slacking. I believe she had 19 missed days. NINETEEN MISSED DAYS?!! I don’t think I’ve missed that much school and work COMBINED (chicken pox doesn’t count though). She didn’t make up work, she didn’t turn in work, she must not have studied too because a few test grades weren’t as good as she can do. And she thinks she deserves a hamster?? I don’t think so! All in all, Sam’s grades weren’t terrible; though it appears she had a very low C in at least one class. A’s and B’s in the others, the problem has more to do with effort here. Hmm….we’ll be thinking more about this in the coming months. Her birthday is July 3 too…never a good thing to get a bad report card right before your birthday…

Is it Friday yet? I’ve got another busy weekend, but Friday means we’re only a few days away from vacation!! Woohoo!

No comments: