Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Weekend Work


We’ve spent the last few days taking advantage of the kids being out of town and thus getting some things done around the house.

We’re planning on rearranging the basement and in an effort to open up wall and floor space, we’ve devised one excellent solution! In the basement, the ventilation runs through the middle of the ceiling. We’ll call this the ventilation tunnel since I don’t know the technical name. Anyway, I see it as unused space, since we didn’t plan to decorate it and I’m over the idea of painting right now. So, I suggested we put a shelf up there and put our 500-some CDs on that shelf. It’s out of reach of the kids, but that’s okay, since they don’t often borrow our CDs anyway. I went to visit a friend this past weekend, but PJ worked diligently on a making a shelf with his buddy, Mike.

PJ went to Lowe’s - or was it Home Depot? – and picked up some lumber, decorative lumber and black satin finish spray paint (an idea I stole from my Elite friend, Meredith. Thanks, Meredith!). Of course, it was pouring on Saturday, so all the spray painting had to be done inside (Oh, it smelled REALLY nice). Then, since I was gone, I don’t know all the details, but somehow they managed to get it all up on the ventilation tunnel except for a few of the trim pieces. I got home on Monday and PJ was finishing up the trim pieces. Now we just have to move all the CDs.
PJ’s other major project for the week was mowing, edging, and weed-whacking the yards and delivering mulch for my flower beds. I’ll be mulching tonight, I hope! After the oh-so-much-fun task of grocery shopping.

No comments: