Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lots of Updates

I’m not doing a very good job of keeping up with this blog. It’s too bad I don’t have more time. At any rate, here are some updates.

Ethan came home from Florida on Friday, 4/14. His flight was about 30 minutes late, but he arrived safe and sound. We made it home from National at about 10.30pm. It was a late night after being up since about 5am.

Our Easter was pretty nice. Ethan and I went to church with Jen and her friend Mary and her kids. Then we went home to get PJ and the food (I made Glazed Parsnips) and we headed out to Middletown, VA, where PJ’s aunt lives. Holy Smokes it’s a long drive!

I accepted the position of Food Coordinator for the Discovery Park build at the meeting last night. I wonder what I’m getting myself into. I need to find some volunteers to help distribute and whatnot. I also need to find some more places who can donate food. I hope I haven’t bitten off more than I can chew (no pun intended)!

It looks like we’re getting a new roof at the end of May. More details on that once I know them. I’ll post pictures then too.

My friend sent me a link last week to a site that shows the names, addresses and offenses of registered sex offenders. I have checked it out in the past (different site), but this time, I was surprised by two things. First, one of the men on the list is my friend’s father. I was very surprised. Secondly, there is supposedly a sexual predator registered at an address on the street perpendicular to ours. I haven’t decided about talking to the kids yet. I don’t recognize the picture, so it may be inaccurate and I don’t want them running in fear of an imaginary predator. I also want them to be cautious of strange men though (this particular guy was registered for crimes against children).

Finally, we have figured out pretty much all of our vacation plans and have requested the appropriate time off. We’re going to Ohio to PJ’s family reunion. We go every year. We’re also going to Cedar Point (a regular thing) and Soak City (a first!). Then, on the way home, we’re going to go by and see my Gram in Indiana. I think we’ll spend a couple days there and then head home. It will be a fun time, and I think my stepbrother, Will, might be coming with us. Possibly our nephew, Aaron too.

I’m trying to figure out how to get a calendar up here since there’s so much going on. Not much luck in figuring that out yet. Dawn’s birthday is April 22. Mom’s is April 25th and Joe’s is April 25th. Apparently the end of the month was a popular time to have babies!

Oh, I almost forgot! I completed 99% of the mulching, but I didn’t take any more pictures (the neighbors are getting suspicious) and yes, eventually we’ll move the CDs to the new shelves. Still haven’t gotten to that.

No comments: