Monday, April 24, 2006

Mixed Emotions

So, this was a pretty trying weekend. I’m glad it’s over, but I have a feeling this week won’t be much better.

We got a call on Saturday morning from PJ’s mom informing us of her mother’s passing. We are sad to lose another grandparent, even though she was not in the best of health. It made for a solemn start to the weekend.

Ethan’s game and parade were cancelled due to rain, which is okay by me. His game was rescheduled to Friday, 4/28, at 5:30pm. I’ll have all the kids for that game.

We attended a wedding this weekend too. It would have been more fun and exciting had I not had to be DD and had we not received such somber news that morning. Of course, we still had a nice time. Pictures forthcoming, but I didn’t have the desire to download anything yet.

My sister-in-law had her birthday on Saturday too. I didn’t speak with her, but I sent a card and a text message. I wasn’t really in a birthday mood. Sorry Dawn.

On Sunday, we attended a class at church. And Ethan had fun in the fifth grade class. PJ has a huge paper to write and that consumed more time than he wanted it to.

I forgot to call my good friend, Kelly, on Sunday, as I was so out of sorts. We’re still waiting on word of the funeral arrangements.

Game tonight…I’ll try to remember my camera.

Joe’s birthday is tomorrow. We’re celebrating on Wednesday. Tonight, he cuts the lawn. Hahahahaha. Mom’s birthday is tomorrow too, but she already got her cool aquarium set up from Heidi and me (fish still alive, Mom?).

No comments: